Thursday, April 8, 2010

Instant pipeline.

CryTek showed their Sandbox for CryEngine 3 and you can see it here:
http://nvidia.fullviewmedia.com/gdc2010/14-sean-tracy.html

Iterations are really fast and this is really cool. More iterations for the same budget! =)

I'm not really happy with their method of creating sandbox functionality - it's programmers driven and workflow is not good because of this in some places. Still, tool as a whole is great!

I'll share some interesting thoughts on interface and workflow design for such tools later, implemented in my pet engine.

3 comments:

  1. In terms of interface design, what's your opinion on Crytek's sandbox?

    From what I saw, I think that Crytek has already passed much of the power to the designers and artists...what do you think that it's still too much attached to the programmers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It didn't changed much last time I've seen it alive. And I mean that editor UI look and work flow should be UI experts driven. Programmers shouldn't design them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete